Monday, September 20, 2010

Andrew W.K.


I feel bad knowing I have deprived myself of the positivity this man brings into the world. When he broke onto the scene during my formative high school years, I was too cool to listen to this mainstream rocker. I recently rediscovered the amazing positivity that is Andrew W.K. while trying to find the video of Tila Tequila getting beat up at THE GATHERING (the annual music festival for juggalos). When I entered "Tila tequila beat up at the gathering" into the Youtube search bar I only found a video of Andrew at the same festival two years ago getting bottles and everything imaginable thrown at him... yet he remained completely positive (see link above). I have recently started following him on twitter @AndrewWK. He has 2,300 tweets and I have started to go back and read them... here are several that have stuck out to me.

All truth in one word: PARTY. All philosophy in two words: PARTY HARD. All wisdom in three words: PARTY EVEN HARDER.

Make your job as fun as your party, and make your party as important as your job.

PARTY TIP: Used at the right time, a fistful of confetti can blow minds.

Whenever you can't find a party, BE THE PARTY.

PARTY TIP: Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them and keep on partying.

How hard are you willing to party tonight? What are you going to do to make sure it's the greatest night you've ever had?

PARTY TIP: When people say you're stupid for having fun and enjoying life, just give 'em a smile and keep partying!


PARTY CHALLENGE: Can you make it through the rest of today without saying anything bad about anyone?

The positivity goes on and on... above is just a small sample of what I have been reading for the last 48 hours straight.

I had lunch with my mother today and I was trying to explain to her what he meant by party, or least how I interpret the use of the word party. To me it means enjoying the moment to the fullest, being as positive as you can at that given time period, and trying to inspire the people around you to enjoy life as much as you are.

So please my friends and take a moment and learn more about this fellow Partier and see how he can change your life for the better. I love you all my party people.


PARTY HARD!

1 comment: